Make your NET WORK for you! Meet the global STEM4Real Network!
The STEM4Real Network is a multifaceted community that provides a platform for educators to plan for equitable instruction, collaborate on pedagogy, and learn together in a global professional learning community. Educators will have the opportunity to network and collaborate nationally and internationally with fellow like-minded people committed to standards + justice. We seek to address the root causes of student inequities and social injustice so that you walk away with an action plan on how to recognize and dismantle systemic racism, increase student outcomes in STEM and rebuild your education system #4Real, in solidarity.
Click to Join
The STEM4Real Network Today!
Our STEM4Real Network Members will have access to the following:
- Collaboration and Lesson Study within the STEM4Real Network of educators – engage in “The STEM4Real Way”, an online professional learning series focused on the Next Generation Science Standards, Culturally Responsive Phenomena, Case Study Students, Teacher Observation, and Analysis of Student Work.
- Teacher-Curated Lesson Bank and instructional resources: Using the Lesson Study process, teachers create 3-dimensional (practices, core ideas, and cross cutting concepts) and 5E (engage, explore, explain, elaborate, evaluate) instructional sequences grounded in culturally responsive phenomena.
- Monthly Live Professional Learning (Offered Virtually) – Live trainings focused on current issues in STEM education including assessment, instructional practices, English Language Learner instruction, Social-Emotional Learning, Trauma-Informed Practices.
- Weekly equity-focused mindset trainings – Equity work takes work. It is an ongoing practice that we as educators must continually fine tune in order to address STEM + Social Justice educational issues.
- Weekly Office Hours for collaboration and action-planning – sometimes we just need allocated time in the week to focus on getting work done and having a community to support you as you check off those tasks.
- Yearly Events with Guest Speakers – We kick off each year with our goals and end each year with our culminating event, sharing best practices and of course, our 3D5E instructional sequences that combine STEM + Social Justice + Joy
- STEM4Real Grants – Members can apply for grants to support equitable #4Real STEM education in their schools.
Full Access to Our Courses
- Leadership 4 Justice: Our multifaceted series addresses the root causes of student inequities and social injustice so that you graduate with an action plan on how to recognize and dismantle systemic racism, increase student outcomes and rebuild your education system #4Real. Participants walk away with an action plan to incorporate socially just leadership practices that pave the way for an equitable and inclusive STEM education.
- The STEM4Real Way: NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) and Common Core aligned-professional learning that involves lesson study, case study student analysis, teacher observations, analysis of student work, and instructional lesson planning. Participants walk away with instructional sequences that combine culturally responsive pedagogy with phenomena-based learning using the 3D5E model (Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate, Evaluate).
Optional Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Participants have the option to purchase continuing education units separately with our university partner, Cal State University, East Bay.